Wednesday, August 8, 2012

On the Novella Project

So, that sucked.

I was confident I could get it done through strength of will. But I don't really want to. I realize that every time I sit down to work on the novella. Earlier today I posted a blog saying that I was going to try revisiting an older story, but I failed to get excited about that story either. Frankly, I don't think I have the drive to write something of that length in that short of time right now.

And I have an inkling why.

When I sit down to write, that's when I want to read, or I sit down to work on the novella, and I begin wanting to write a blog instead. I'm trying to pull a story out of my ass ex nihilo, which does not work. Inspiration is needed. And while I have been reading lately, and mostly enjoying what I have read, I have not read much that I want to imitate right now.

So, I'm shelving this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment